Here is a list of Australian law schools and their rankings.
How many law schools are there in Australia?
In total, there are 37 Australian law schools, with a further two accredited non-university law courses.
This law school list is intended as a convenient source of information for prospective law students, and includes:
- the QS World University Rankings for law (if there is a ranking);
- whether it is a G08 university; and
- common acronyms, where applicable.
New Zealand law schools are also included at the bottom (which, I note, all have QS World University Rankings).
Click on the university name to be directed to its webpage (a new window will open).
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- University of Sydney (Go8) (GQ – 13)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW) (Go8) (GQ – 14)
- Macquarie University (GQ – 51-100)
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) (GQ – 101-150)
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- University of New England
- University of Newcastle
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Western Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Queensland (Go8) (GQ – 51-100)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) (GQ – 51-100)
- Griffith University (GQ – 51-100)
- James Cook University (GQ – 151-200)
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania (GQ – 151-200)
The Council of Legal Education and the Victorian Law Admissions Board have the role of accrediting universities to provide legal education in Victoria.
- Australian Catholic University
- Deakin University (GQ – 151-200)
- LaTrobe University
- Melbourne University (Go8) (GQ – 8)
- Monash University (Go8) (GQ – 16)
- RMIT University (GQ – 151-200)
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Victoria University (VU)
- University of Western Australia (Go8) (GQ – 51-100)
- Edith Cowan University
- Murdoch University
- Curtin University
- University of Auckland (GQ – 28)
- University of Otago (GQ – 37)
- Victoria University of Wellington (GQ – 49)
- University of Canterbury (GQ – 51-100)
- University of Waikato (GQ – 101-150)
There are lots of Australian law schools – make of that what you will!If you found this helpful, please share it around!