Here is a list of Australian law schools and their rankings.
How many law schools are there in Australia?
In total, there are 38 Australian law schools, with a further two accredited non-university law courses.
This law school list is intended as a convenient source of information for prospective law students, and includes:
- the QS World University Rankings for law (if there is a ranking);
- whether it is a G08 university; and
- common acronyms, where applicable.
New Zealand law schools are also included at the bottom (which, I note, all have QS World University Rankings).
Click on the university name to be directed to its webpage (a new window will open).
Australian law schools listed by state
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- University of Sydney (Go8) (GQ – 13)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW) (Go8) (GQ – 14)
- Macquarie University (GQ – 51-100)
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) (GQ – 101-150)
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- University of New England
- University of Newcastle
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Western Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Queensland (Go8) (GQ – 51-100)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) (GQ – 51-100)
- Griffith University (GQ – 51-100)
- James Cook University (GQ – 151-200)
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania (GQ – 151-200)
The Council of Legal Education and the Victorian Law Admissions Board have the role of accrediting universities to provide legal education in Victoria.
- Australian Catholic University
- Deakin University (GQ – 151-200)
- LaTrobe University
- Melbourne University (Go8) (GQ – 8)
- Monash University (Go8) (GQ – 16)
- RMIT University (GQ – 151-200)
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Victoria University (VU)
- University of Western Australia (Go8) (GQ – 51-100)
- Edith Cowan University
- Murdoch University
- Curtin University
New Zealand law schools
- University of Auckland (GQ – 28)
- University of Otago (GQ – 37)
- Victoria University of Wellington (GQ – 49)
- University of Canterbury (GQ – 51-100)
- University of Waikato (GQ – 101-150)
That’s a lot of law schools
There are lots of Australian law schools – make of that what you will!